It’s time to once again shine our Employee Spotlight. This time we’re focusing on our very first non-family employee, George Deane! Most days you’ll find George traversing the Bay area behind the wheel of our delivery van but occasionally he pops up behind the bar in the tasting room. George has been with us for about a year and is in the field solving all kinds of issues our customers experience. He is most definitely our customer service go-to guy!
Here are a few things you wanted know about George Deane but were afraid to ask . . .
- What is something about you that would surprise people?
I did some of my growing up in the Philippines and Mexico.
- What is one of your guilty pleasures?
Comic books consumed a great many of my spare hours for a while and I have very strong opinions on the recent movies as a result.
- If you could be a super hero, what would your name be and what superpower would you have?
The Traffic Iron – able to clear traffic jams with the wiggle of my ears.
- If you could have a drink with anyone (fictional, alive, dead, famous, not famous) who would it be?
Kurt Vonnegut; the man can make you feel like you’re having a conversation with him through a page, I have to believe that his in person demeanor would be just as fantastic.
- Have you ever stolen a pen that writes exceptionally well from a restaurant?
I don’t steal pens from restaurants, of late I’ve been supplying them much to my chagrin.
- If Hollywood made a movie about you, who would you like to see cast as you?